Saturday, September 8, 2007

why i write

The piece of literature by Terry Tempest Williams seems to be an escape route or a way to freedom for the author. I say this due to the fact that every negative or unfavorable situation is solved in a positive way by writing. Such as writing himself out of nightmares and into his dreams. I also believe that he writes to express the way he feels during bad times good times and dark times. Which in my eyes is more or less the whole point of this piece. “I write to record what I love in the face of loss”, “I write out of my anger and into my passion” the previous two quotes are some of many examples of how he uses writing to resolve and soften a situation. Another discovery I made after reading the passage is that he feels writing can be used in literally or almost every situation. Also that writing has just as much or more power than speaking, and that it has all the same risks as well. This passage in my eyes explains to you that writing is one of the most meaningful forms of communicating, and that there is no situation or mood necessary simply it can always be applied. The title Why I Write is misleading due to the fact that there is no specific reason. As a reader you learn that almost every situation is concluded with writing.

No comments: